Utility bills are received monthly at every account holder's mailing address or email address via paper or e-bill.
Your utility bill is due upon receipt. Peace Hills Utilities Inc. grants customers a short grace period in which to pay without penalty between when the invoice is received and the beginning of the next month when penalties are applied to accounts with an outstanding balance.
How to pay your utility bill
Customers have multiple options to settle their utility bills, including:
- Visit Wetaskiwin City Hall (4705 50 Avenue) Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., or drop off a cheque in the mailbox on the north side of the building.
- Pay through online banking.
- Via PaySimply.
- Set up pre-authorized payments.
Please contact 780.361.4453 if you have any questions about your utilities bill.
Pre-authorized payment plans
Sign up for Peace Hill's Utilities Pre-Authorized Payment Plan to have your utility bill automatically paid from your account every month. Completed forms and banking information can then be submitted in one of the following ways:
- Emailed to email@example.com.
- Dropped off at Wetaskiwin City Hall (4705 50 Avenue).
- Mailed to Wetaskiwin City Hall (4705 50 Avenue, Wetaskiwin Alberta, T9A 0R8).
Want to cancel your pre-authorized payments? Simply fill out the Peace Hills Utilities Inc. Pre-Authorized Payment Cancellation form and submit it using the methods above.
Sign up for electronic billing
Peace Hills Utilities Inc. is introducing electronic billing—an easy, worry-free service for receiving your utility bills. For more information on e-billing, visit the electronic billing page.