Fields & Facilities
Outdoor Rinks Now Open
The following outdoor rinks are now open the the public. Use at your own risk. Helmets are strongly recommended.
- Boarded Rink at the Rec Grounds (4514 - 50 Avenue)
- Rink at the East Fire Hall (4710 - 45 Street)
- Rink at Garden Meadows Park (Garden Meadows Dr. & Garnet Cres.)
- Rink at Montgomery Park (53 Avenue & Centennial Dr.)
Fields & Facilities in Wetaskiwin
Wetaskiwin is equipped with a wide variety of facilities available to the public year-round. Please see below for additional information.
There are numerous ball diamonds located within the City of Wetaskiwin at the following locations:
- Al Arner Diamonds (4513 - 50 Avenue)
- Centennial Diamonds (5302 - 55 Avenue)
- Kinsmen Ball Diamond (222 Norwood Drive)
- Knights of Columbus Diamonds (525 Garden Meadows Drive)
To book/rent: Call 780.361.4444
By-the-Lake Park Hall
By-the-Lake Park Hall has a walkout balcony overlooking the park with full kitchen facilities, a bar counter, and wheel chair accessibility. You can plan to have a wedding, birthday party, dances, reunions, and meetings here.
To book/rent: Call 780.361.4444 | View our Facility Package (PDF)
Amphitheatre at Diamond Jubilee Park
Interested in hosting an outdoor concert or event? The amphitheatre in Wetaskiwin's Diamond Jubilee Park is a perfect choice. Located in the centre of this public park, the amphitheatre has on-site power and benefits from the nearby lighting of Main Street. Interested? Book the amphitheatre for your event and we'll make sure is ready to go--and is all yours--for your special day.
To book: Call 780.361.4417 | View the Amphitheatre User Guide
Disc Golf Course
The disc golf course located at Peace Hills Park is a legacy left to the City thanks to the 2005 Alberta Senior Games. This 18-hole course is open all year round and is maintained by the City. The course welcomes users of all ages and skill levels to play at any time. There are scorecards available, as well as maps of the course, at Peace Hills Park (for free).
Drill Hall - Civic Centre: Twin Arenas
Wetaskiwin's twin arenas are located in the Wetaskiwin Civic Centre. The Civic Centre is one of our primary facilities at 4513 - 50 Avenue. The Civic Centre consists of the Drill Hall, a meeting room, and a concession. All these facilities—excluding the concession—are available for rentals for special events such as birthday parties, banquets, etc.
The Civic Centre is home to the Wetaskiwin Icemen Jr. B Hockey Club, Figure Skating Club, Wetaskiwin Minor Hockey and various adult teams. For more information on ice sports in Wetaskiwin, please visit:
- Wetaskiwin Minor Hockey: Club Site | Club League
- Wetaskiwin Jr. B Icemen: Club Site | Club League
- Wetaskiwin Figure Skating Club: Club Site
To book/rent: Call 780.361.4444
Norm Brown Field at 4513 - 50 Avenue also accommodates our football league.
For more information, please visit:
- Wetaskiwin and District Amateur Football Association: Club League
Manluk Centre: Wetaskiwin Regional Aquatics & Fitness
The newly-built 44,756 sq. ft. Manluk Centre serves Wetaskiwin and surrounding communities, and features:
- a 25 metre, six lane competition pool
- a leisure pool & lazy river
- a surf wave system
- a tots pool, spray park, and two waterslides
- a 25-person whirlpool and steam room
- a fitness facility (2nd floor, overlooks the pool)
- community and party rooms for rent
Please visit their website or phone 780.361.4444 for more information.
Memorial Arts Centre
Located at 5206 - 50 Street, the Memorial Arts Centre is a large venue suitable for weddings, parties, receptions, and other gatherings. Equipped with a kitchen, bar, and performance stage, the Memorial Arts Centre is a local favourite due to its versatility.
To book/rent: Call 780.361.4444 | View our Facility Package (PDF).
The skate park is located on the corner of 50 Avenue and 47 Street, directly across the street from the Wetaskiwin Composite High School. This one-of-a-kind skate park is a great place for skateboard and BMX enthusiasts to hone their talents.